Four drown as boat capsizes
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Four persons including women were drowned while three others were feared dead after a boat capsized in Ghaghra river in Sikandarpur police station area of Ballia district. The incident took place Saturday evening when 21 labourers had gone to work on the other bank of the river were returning to their village in Barhucha, police said.
Sikandarpur station officer Rajesh Yadav said the boat capsized midway as it was beyond the capacity. Yadav said 14 persons were rescued from the river after the boat capsized. He said four bodies have been recovered till Sunday evening, while search for other three was on.The deceased whose bodies have been recovered were identified as Sukhrani,32, Prabhavati,45, Kalawati,45, and Sarita,15.