Four get life for Reema Jain murder
- Target Uttar Pradesh: Modi goes to Varanasi, Rajnath to Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
A local court on Monday sentenced four persons to life imprisonment for murdering Reema Jain, a businesswoman. She was murdered in 2005 and her remains were found from the septic tank of her brother-in-law's factory.
The four convicts are Reema's brother-in-law Micky alias Anil Jain, Jasbir Singh, Kuldeep Singh and Tarsem Singh.
Police had a tough time solving the case because only skeltal remains were found. It was only after DNA tests were conducted on the skeltal remains and her mother that police could determine that the skelton was of Reema. Investigations revealed that she was first given one injection which made her unconscious and later was thrown into the septic tank. Reema was survived by her three children: Bhanu, 27, Bhanvi, 24, and Bharat,17. Property dispute was the main reason behind this murder.
On July 30, 2005, Reema went missing and the next day police registered an FIR. On August 16, her car was recovered from Indira Gandhi airport and the parking slip revealed that it was parked by some unknown person. On December 5, 2005, a chargesheet was submitted in the court after the arrest of main accused Anil Jain. In another twist, on February 16, 2006, three more accused — Jasveer Singh, Kuldeep Singh and Tarsem who were arrested in a dacoity case — revealed that they had murdered Reema in a contract with Anil. It was only on November 26, 2012 that all the accused were convicted in the case.
- Sale of sarees in ‘NaMo boxes’ banned in Pilibhit
- Curfew in Valley after youth’s death in police firing, probe ordered
- Kejriwal attacks Modi, his ‘growth’ model
- Mulayam blames central schemes for graft at village level
- UK to bring alive role of Indian soldiers
- Shalimar Mall owner held for duping resident
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy