Four held for buying illegal weapons
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Police Sunday arrested four persons - Lalit Kumar, Rahul, Varun Kalia and Daljit Singh - in an Arms Act case and recovered five illegal weapons from their possession. Investigation Officer ASI Gurwinder Singh said Lalit, a resident of Bihar used to sell the illegal weapons for anything between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 after procuring them from Bihar for Rs 5,000 each. He said the other three had had purchased the weapons from Lalit.
Dharna against Batala police
Batala: Mediapersons staged a dharna and disrupted traffic on Amritsar-Jammu National Highway to protest against Batala police after a policeman snatched the camera of a photo-journalist while he was shooting photograph after Batala SSP Tulsi Ram intercepted three youth riding on a two-wheeler. Later the SSP assured the mediapersons that the errant policeman will be suspended.
Hooda promises train to Jaipur
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Sunday said a new train between Jaipur and Chandigarh via Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak will be started soon. He was speaking at a function organised by Haryana Rajya Pravasi Nagrik Manch in Jaipur.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today