Four held for buying illegal weapons
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Police Sunday arrested four persons - Lalit Kumar, Rahul, Varun Kalia and Daljit Singh - in an Arms Act case and recovered five illegal weapons from their possession. Investigation Officer ASI Gurwinder Singh said Lalit, a resident of Bihar used to sell the illegal weapons for anything between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 after procuring them from Bihar for Rs 5,000 each. He said the other three had had purchased the weapons from Lalit.
Dharna against Batala police
Batala: Mediapersons staged a dharna and disrupted traffic on Amritsar-Jammu National Highway to protest against Batala police after a policeman snatched the camera of a photo-journalist while he was shooting photograph after Batala SSP Tulsi Ram intercepted three youth riding on a two-wheeler. Later the SSP assured the mediapersons that the errant policeman will be suspended.
Hooda promises train to Jaipur
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi