Four held for buying illegal weapons
- The Rahul Gandhi interview: 'PM candidates are unconstitutional, I won't step back if MPs ask me to be PM'
- Maoists kill at least 7 poll officials, seven others in twin attack in Chhattisgarh
- World doesn't trust Modi, says Congress citing British newspaper
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over 'Kargil won by Muslim soldiers' remark
- The Narendra Modi interview: 'Cong's problem is that it can't see a chaiwallah challenging them'
Police Sunday arrested four persons - Lalit Kumar, Rahul, Varun Kalia and Daljit Singh - in an Arms Act case and recovered five illegal weapons from their possession. Investigation Officer ASI Gurwinder Singh said Lalit, a resident of Bihar used to sell the illegal weapons for anything between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 after procuring them from Bihar for Rs 5,000 each. He said the other three had had purchased the weapons from Lalit.
Dharna against Batala police
Batala: Mediapersons staged a dharna and disrupted traffic on Amritsar-Jammu National Highway to protest against Batala police after a policeman snatched the camera of a photo-journalist while he was shooting photograph after Batala SSP Tulsi Ram intercepted three youth riding on a two-wheeler. Later the SSP assured the mediapersons that the errant policeman will be suspended.
Hooda promises train to Jaipur
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Sunday said a new train between Jaipur and Chandigarh via Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak will be started soon. He was speaking at a function organised by Haryana Rajya Pravasi Nagrik Manch in Jaipur.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit