Four held for buying illegal weapons
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Police Sunday arrested four persons - Lalit Kumar, Rahul, Varun Kalia and Daljit Singh - in an Arms Act case and recovered five illegal weapons from their possession. Investigation Officer ASI Gurwinder Singh said Lalit, a resident of Bihar used to sell the illegal weapons for anything between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 after procuring them from Bihar for Rs 5,000 each. He said the other three had had purchased the weapons from Lalit.
Dharna against Batala police
Batala: Mediapersons staged a dharna and disrupted traffic on Amritsar-Jammu National Highway to protest against Batala police after a policeman snatched the camera of a photo-journalist while he was shooting photograph after Batala SSP Tulsi Ram intercepted three youth riding on a two-wheeler. Later the SSP assured the mediapersons that the errant policeman will be suspended.
Hooda promises train to Jaipur
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment