Four held for buying illegal weapons
- If Land Bill has anything against farmers, I'm ready to change it, says PM Modi
- Essar Leaks: ‘Guests are very important people... Kindly see they are comfortable’
- Mufti to head 25-member cabinet; PM to attend his swearing-in on Sunday
- Economic Survey pegs India's growth at over 8 percent, says inflation easing
- Rail budget missed the opportunity to lay out an agenda for the future, writes Nitish
Police Sunday arrested four persons - Lalit Kumar, Rahul, Varun Kalia and Daljit Singh - in an Arms Act case and recovered five illegal weapons from their possession. Investigation Officer ASI Gurwinder Singh said Lalit, a resident of Bihar used to sell the illegal weapons for anything between Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 after procuring them from Bihar for Rs 5,000 each. He said the other three had had purchased the weapons from Lalit.
Dharna against Batala police
Batala: Mediapersons staged a dharna and disrupted traffic on Amritsar-Jammu National Highway to protest against Batala police after a policeman snatched the camera of a photo-journalist while he was shooting photograph after Batala SSP Tulsi Ram intercepted three youth riding on a two-wheeler. Later the SSP assured the mediapersons that the errant policeman will be suspended.
Hooda promises train to Jaipur
Chandigarh: Haryana Chief Minister Bhupinder Singh Hooda Sunday said a new train between Jaipur and Chandigarh via Rewari-Jhajjar-Rohtak will be started soon. He was speaking at a function organised by Haryana Rajya Pravasi Nagrik Manch in Jaipur.