Four Indians charged with murder of compatriot on New Year Day in Singapore
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Four Indian nationals were charged today by a Singapore court with the murder of a compatriot on New Year Day.
Ramasami Rabinhood (25), Bose Muruganandham (32), Raja Arul (22) and Palanisamy Vijayakumar (26) were part of a group accused of murdering 24-year-old Boobalan Palanikumar.
They were drinking in the park, according to local media reports.
The alleged offence took place near Jurong Lake Park on the western industrial region of Singapore on New Year's Day.
Palanikumar was one of the few men found injured at the scene. He died in a local hospital the next day.
Police said it received a call at 1 am on Tuesday about a fight in the park.
All four were in remand at Central Police Division for investigations.
They will appear in court again on January 10, the Straits Times reported.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit