Four injured in reactor blast
- Essar Leaks: SC issues notices to Essar Group and Centre on PIL seeking court-monitored probe
- Karnataka CM announces CBI probe into death of IAS officer DK Ravi
- Hashimpura massacre: 10 freed still in UP Police
- Jaitley, Rajan paper over the cracks, minister says in regular, frank talks
- Lee Kuan Yew, founder of modern Singapore, passes away at 91
Four persons at a chemical manufacturing unit in Tarapur Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) area suffered burn injuries on Monday afternoon when the reactor they were repairing burst open, the police said.
According to the police, the four men were welding a reactor in Sunrise Chemical Equipments, located in the J 188 Industrial Estate in Tarapur MIDC, when a portion of the old welding gave way and released hot air and oil onto them.
The victims — identified as Rajman Maurya, Mrityunjay Maurya, Suraj Maurya and Bansu Yadav — were rushed to Sanjivani Hospital in Boisar, where they are being treated. "The men have suffered superficial burn injuries (15-20%) to the face and hands due to the hot oil spilling onto them," said Dr. J.J. Wala, Casualty Medical Officer, Sanjivani Hospital.
"There appears to have been an oil spill when the cover of the reactor came apart and resulted in the mishap," said an officer at Boisar MIDC police station. He added that investigation was underway to determine how the cover came apart and that statements of other workers were being recorded.