Four injured in reactor blast
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Four persons at a chemical manufacturing unit in Tarapur Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) area suffered burn injuries on Monday afternoon when the reactor they were repairing burst open, the police said.
According to the police, the four men were welding a reactor in Sunrise Chemical Equipments, located in the J 188 Industrial Estate in Tarapur MIDC, when a portion of the old welding gave way and released hot air and oil onto them.
The victims — identified as Rajman Maurya, Mrityunjay Maurya, Suraj Maurya and Bansu Yadav — were rushed to Sanjivani Hospital in Boisar, where they are being treated. "The men have suffered superficial burn injuries (15-20%) to the face and hands due to the hot oil spilling onto them," said Dr. J.J. Wala, Casualty Medical Officer, Sanjivani Hospital.
"There appears to have been an oil spill when the cover of the reactor came apart and resulted in the mishap," said an officer at Boisar MIDC police station. He added that investigation was underway to determine how the cover came apart and that statements of other workers were being recorded.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'