Four killed in Vadodara road accident
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- BJP complains to EC over St Xavier principal's criticism of Modi's Guj model of development
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR face stiff CSK challenge in Dubai
Four persons, including a woman, were killed and 16 others injured when they were allegedly flung in ravine of Orsang river after a vehicle in which they were travelling hit pillar of a bridge near Chindwara village around 10 km away from Dabhoi town in Vadodara district early on Friday morning.
The group of around 22 cooks, all resident of Mora village in Tilakwada taluka of neighbouring Narmada district, were on their way home in a multi-utility vehicle (MUV) after providing catering services at a marriage function in Dabhoi taluka, Dabhoi police said.
"Driver of the vehicle probably napped and hit pillar of approach to the bridge over Orsang river. Under the impact of the collision, the victims who were sitting in the open trolley of the vehicle were flung in ravine of the river and were killed on the spot," Dabhoi police inspector Bhart Barot said.
The accident took place at around 4 am, police said.
Personnel of 108 emergency services reached the spot but by then the four had died. The injured 16, including the driver Ishwar Rajpurohit, were rushed to civil hospital in Dabhoi. Later, they were shifted to government-run SSG Hospital in Vadoara.
The victim were identified as Laxman Vasava (45), Ambalal Vasava (45), Ramesh Vasava (35) and Indu Vasava (34), all residents of Mora.
On the basis of a complaint filed by Aravind Vasava, brother of victim Ramesh Vasava, Dabhoi police have booked driver Rajpuohit for criminal negligence and rash driving.
This is second fatal accident in Dabhoi taluka in last two days. On Wednesday, two persons were killed after their car hit a roadside tree near Bhaliyapura village.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'