Four murder man in Govandi, two arrested
- Navjot Sidhu: Quit RS because I was told to stay away from Punjab
- Chinkara poaching case: Salman Khan acquitted by Rajasthan High Court
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya on bank plea seeking contempt proceedings
- Journalists' visa issue: Chinese media warns India of repercussions
- Parliament LIVE: Speaker Mahajan advises Mann not to attend proceedings till decision arrived at
A day after four residents of Bainganwadi in Govandi allegedly murdered a fellow resident over a suspected property dispute, Shivaji Nagar police have arrested two suspects in the case.
They are likely to arrest another suspect for the murder, as he is believed to have been arrested by the Deonar police in an unrelated case. They have not traced the fourth suspect yet.
Shivaji Nagar police said that on Friday afternoon, Sayyed Ali Ghulam Nabi (26) was taking a nap when the four barged into his house at Bainganwadi after breaking the door and hit him with iron rods and fled.
Sayyed was rushed to Rajawadi hospital but succumbed to his injuries. His brother registered a complaint with Shivaji Nagar police.
- The recent violence against Dalits in Gujarat is a fallout of the Sangh Parivar’s diktats on food
- Turkey’s coup reveals the fragile relationship between Islam and democracy
- The Sangh Parivar has furthered the colonial understanding of India’s past
- Better state support and supportive social environment can help independent filmmakers
- Next Door Nepal: Chinese checkers
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi