Four murder man in Govandi, two arrested
- N-Korea says rocket launch a success, Kwangmyong 4 placed into orbit
- Kerala solar scam: Saritha Nair, the woman at the centre of the scandal
- Beef license for foreigners? Haryana govt may soon issue special permits
- As US lifts sanctions, Iran wants India to pay oil dues in euros
- Mumbai set to get India’s first international arbitration centre
A day after four residents of Bainganwadi in Govandi allegedly murdered a fellow resident over a suspected property dispute, Shivaji Nagar police have arrested two suspects in the case.
They are likely to arrest another suspect for the murder, as he is believed to have been arrested by the Deonar police in an unrelated case. They have not traced the fourth suspect yet.
Shivaji Nagar police said that on Friday afternoon, Sayyed Ali Ghulam Nabi (26) was taking a nap when the four barged into his house at Bainganwadi after breaking the door and hit him with iron rods and fled.
Sayyed was rushed to Rajawadi hospital but succumbed to his injuries. His brother registered a complaint with Shivaji Nagar police.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words