Four murder man in Govandi, two arrested
- Narendra Modi to contest from Varanasi, Rajnath from Lucknow
- SC stays death penalty of two Delhi gang-rape convicts till March 31
- MH370 continued flying for 6 hours, could have gone towards Kazakhstan or south of Indian Ocean: Malaysian PM
- AICC spokesman lashes out against PM's silence and negative publicity
- Court imposes fine of Rs 2,500 each on Arvind Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia
A day after four residents of Bainganwadi in Govandi allegedly murdered a fellow resident over a suspected property dispute, Shivaji Nagar police have arrested two suspects in the case.
They are likely to arrest another suspect for the murder, as he is believed to have been arrested by the Deonar police in an unrelated case. They have not traced the fourth suspect yet.
Shivaji Nagar police said that on Friday afternoon, Sayyed Ali Ghulam Nabi (26) was taking a nap when the four barged into his house at Bainganwadi after breaking the door and hit him with iron rods and fled.
Sayyed was rushed to Rajawadi hospital but succumbed to his injuries. His brother registered a complaint with Shivaji Nagar police.
"We made enquiries and found Sayyed was involved in a property dispute with four men over a small plot whose owner had recently died. Based on this we picked up suspects," said an officer with Shivaji Nagar police.
- BJP projected to sweep Gujarat, Rajasthan, Karnataka; Congress to get big jolt in Maharashtra
- Editors body slams Arvind Kejriwal for ‘irresponsible’ media remark, says it is a sign of ‘weakness’
- Trouble in alliance with Congress, TRS turns to BJP
- Minority panel removed my riot report against Modi: Ex-Secy