Four new Gujarat HC judges take oath
- Dadri: Outrage after mob lynches man for allegedly consuming beef
- At United Nations, Pak PM Sharif plays his old tune on Kashmir
- 2006 Mumbai train blasts: Death sentence for 5 convicts, life for 7
- Modi's foreign visits need to be backed up with action on ground: Rajan
- Diesel rates up by 50 paise from midnight tonight, no change in petrol price
Four new additional judges of Gujarat High Court took oath of office here today.
With the appointment of S G Shah, G R Udhwani, S H Vora and R D Kothari, the strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court increased to 32, against the sanctioned strength of 42. Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya administered them oath of office at a ceremony in the Committee Room of the High Court.
Justice S G Shah was earlier a Registrar of the Supreme Court, G R Udhwani was Registrar General of Gujarat High Court, S H Vora was Principal and District Judge at City Civil and Sessions Court, Ahmedabad, and R D Kothari was Principal and District Judge at Nadiad in the state.
Registrar (Judicial) M J Thakkar has been now made in-charge Registrar General of Gujarat HC.