Four new Gujarat HC judges take oath
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
Four new additional judges of Gujarat High Court took oath of office here today.
With the appointment of S G Shah, G R Udhwani, S H Vora and R D Kothari, the strength of judges in the Gujarat High Court increased to 32, against the sanctioned strength of 42. Chief Justice Bhaskar Bhattacharya administered them oath of office at a ceremony in the Committee Room of the High Court.
Justice S G Shah was earlier a Registrar of the Supreme Court, G R Udhwani was Registrar General of Gujarat High Court, S H Vora was Principal and District Judge at City Civil and Sessions Court, Ahmedabad, and R D Kothari was Principal and District Judge at Nadiad in the state.
Registrar (Judicial) M J Thakkar has been now made in-charge Registrar General of Gujarat HC.
State Law Minister Dilip Sanghani, Minister of State for Law Pradipsinh Jadeja, President of Gujarat High Court Advocate's association Vijay Patel, Advocate General Kamal Trivedi, Additional Advocate General Tushar Mehta and Government Pleader Prakash Jani, among others, were present in the ceremony.