Four property dealers found dead in Mumbai farmhouse
- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Four real estate agents, one of whom is also believed to be an astrologer, were found murdered in a farmhouse, 20 km from Panvel, on Wednesday morning. The New Panvel police have registered a case of murder against unidentified men as one of the bodies was found with a bullet wound. The three others appeared to have been bludgeoned to death by a hard object.
According to police officers probing the case, at 10.30 am on Wednesday, vice president of Agriculture Produce Market Corporate (APMC) Datta Patil's son asked him for the keys to Patil House located in the Chincholi area of Panvel in order to perform Diwali puja. Patil informed his son that on Sunday his nephew Ramdas Patil had taken the keys from him saying that he had a meeting with friends regarding a real estate deal. He however handed his son a spare key to the farmhouse.
In his statement to the police, Datta Patil said that when his son reached the farmhouse and rang the doorbell, he did not receive any response. Patil's son then let himself in with the spare key he had been given. On entering the house, Patil's son reportedly found two men dead inside the house and the bodies of the two others nearby.
According to the police, while one of the victims, identified as Bala Tope, was found to be shot inside the house, Ramdas was found lying dead a few feet away from him. The third victim Pritam Gharat's body was found near the house, while the fourth, identified as Nitin Joshi, was found dead in the fields a few metres away from the house. There was food and liquor bottles inside the house, said officers.
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2