Four techies killed in accident on old Pune-Mumbai highway
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
Four youths working with an IT firm were killed and two others were injured in a road mishap at Wadgaon Maval on the old Pune-Mumbai highway early on Sunday.
Police identified the deceased as Ashok Balkrishnan (24), resident of Fatima Nagar; Nagraj Rao (23) of Vikas Nagar, Kivale; Chandrashekhar Sudhakar Duratkar (23) of Kharadi, Chandan Nagar and Arun Karunakaran Nayar (22) of Kedari Nagar, Wanavdi. Those injured have been identified as EJ Susayan and Sundar Shankar Raskatla, both residents of Wanavdi.
Police said the youths were going to Lonavla in a car and started in the early hours of Sunday. Around 4 am, driver Duratkar is suspected to have lost control over the steering due to which the car lost its course, crossed the road divider and rammed into a container.
The impact was so severe that four persons in the car, including the driver, were killed. The two injured persons were admitted to a private hospital. On receiving the information, a police team led by Inspector Sopanrao More rushed to the spot.
"All victims worked for IT firms in Pune area. We have informed the family members of the deceased and injured persons," said Inspector More.
On Saturday morning, a man identified as Sagar Mundhe of Raigad died in a road mishap near Karla on the old Pune-Mumbai highway. Sagar and his friend Deepak Shinde of Panvel were travelling a car, which lost control and rammed a truck near Karla. Shinde, who was driving, was injured.
In another mishap, a truck ran over a motorcyclist at Sate phata on the old Pune-Mumbai highway around 9 pm on Saturday. The deceased has been identified as Baban Mohite (35), a resident of Mohitewadi in Wadgaon Maval.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit