Fourth-tier Bradford stuns Aston Villa 3-1 in League Cup semis
- Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh, 20 jawans feared dead
- Election Live: Rahul Gandhi addresses rally on Narendra Modi's turf
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Fourth-tier Bradford pulled off another major surprise in the League Cup on Tuesday, beating Aston Villa 3-1 in the first leg of their semifinal to move one step away from the club's first major final since 1911.
Bradford followed up its stunning win over Arsenal on penalties by holding its own against another Premier League club, taking a 2-0 lead after goals from Nahki Wells in the 19th and Rory McArdle in the 77th. Andreas Weimann gave Villa a valuable away goal in 83rd but Carl McHugh secured the upset victory with a powerful header in the 89th.
Villa can still turn things around at home, but is facing a much tougher task than expected after wasting a number of scoring opportunities. The second leg is at Villa Park on Jan. 22.
Bradford's only major trophy is the 1911 FA Cup title.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express