Fraud: land developer held
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
The Kondhwa police have arrested a land developer for allegedly depositing a cheque of Rs 8 lakh, signed by Shivsena MLA Mahadev Babar, into his bank account by fraudulent ways.
According to police inspector M K Thosar of Kondhwa police station, Babar lodged a complaint on Tuesday when he came to know that his money, amounting to Rs 8 lakh from Poona Merchants Co-operative Bank, has been transferred to another bank account.
Babar has alleged that he signed a blank cheque and kept it inside the drawer at his office in Kondhwa Khurd on October 10. After checking with his bank, Babar came to know that money has been transferred to the account of Kumar Shrinivas Mandera (48), a resident of Vidya Paradise in Undri. The police arrested Mandera, who is a land developer, and produced him before the court on Wednesday. "Mandera has been remanded to police custody for two days," said Thosar.
Assistant police inspector R S Kadam is investigating the case.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18