Fraud: land developer held
- SC quashes decision to include Jats in OBC category, rules caste can't be sole ground
- Day after results, Omar, Amit Shah and Ram Madhav met to explore J&K tie-up
- Neither Sonia nor Rahul ever filled such forms: Congress
- Nun gangrape case: 10 detained, Centre seeks report from WB govt
- To push land law forward, govt set to pause House
The Kondhwa police have arrested a land developer for allegedly depositing a cheque of Rs 8 lakh, signed by Shivsena MLA Mahadev Babar, into his bank account by fraudulent ways.
According to police inspector M K Thosar of Kondhwa police station, Babar lodged a complaint on Tuesday when he came to know that his money, amounting to Rs 8 lakh from Poona Merchants Co-operative Bank, has been transferred to another bank account.
Babar has alleged that he signed a blank cheque and kept it inside the drawer at his office in Kondhwa Khurd on October 10. After checking with his bank, Babar came to know that money has been transferred to the account of Kumar Shrinivas Mandera (48), a resident of Vidya Paradise in Undri. The police arrested Mandera, who is a land developer, and produced him before the court on Wednesday. "Mandera has been remanded to police custody for two days," said Thosar.
Assistant police inspector R S Kadam is investigating the case.