Fraud: land developer held
- Rahul on leave before budget session, BJP says people have already sent Cong on long leave
- 21 more deaths due to swine flu, toll reaches 833
- Anna protests against Land Acquisition Bill in Delhi, lashes out at Modi govt
- Budget: Finance Minister may announce policy plans to combat blackmoney
- Land Acquisition Act "suitably refined": President Pranab Mukherjee
The Kondhwa police have arrested a land developer for allegedly depositing a cheque of Rs 8 lakh, signed by Shivsena MLA Mahadev Babar, into his bank account by fraudulent ways.
According to police inspector M K Thosar of Kondhwa police station, Babar lodged a complaint on Tuesday when he came to know that his money, amounting to Rs 8 lakh from Poona Merchants Co-operative Bank, has been transferred to another bank account.
Babar has alleged that he signed a blank cheque and kept it inside the drawer at his office in Kondhwa Khurd on October 10. After checking with his bank, Babar came to know that money has been transferred to the account of Kumar Shrinivas Mandera (48), a resident of Vidya Paradise in Undri. The police arrested Mandera, who is a land developer, and produced him before the court on Wednesday. "Mandera has been remanded to police custody for two days," said Thosar.
Assistant police inspector R S Kadam is investigating the case.