Fraud: land developer held
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
The Kondhwa police have arrested a land developer for allegedly depositing a cheque of Rs 8 lakh, signed by Shivsena MLA Mahadev Babar, into his bank account by fraudulent ways.
According to police inspector M K Thosar of Kondhwa police station, Babar lodged a complaint on Tuesday when he came to know that his money, amounting to Rs 8 lakh from Poona Merchants Co-operative Bank, has been transferred to another bank account.
Babar has alleged that he signed a blank cheque and kept it inside the drawer at his office in Kondhwa Khurd on October 10. After checking with his bank, Babar came to know that money has been transferred to the account of Kumar Shrinivas Mandera (48), a resident of Vidya Paradise in Undri. The police arrested Mandera, who is a land developer, and produced him before the court on Wednesday. "Mandera has been remanded to police custody for two days," said Thosar.
Assistant police inspector R S Kadam is investigating the case.