Fraud: land developer held
- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
The Kondhwa police have arrested a land developer for allegedly depositing a cheque of Rs 8 lakh, signed by Shivsena MLA Mahadev Babar, into his bank account by fraudulent ways.
According to police inspector M K Thosar of Kondhwa police station, Babar lodged a complaint on Tuesday when he came to know that his money, amounting to Rs 8 lakh from Poona Merchants Co-operative Bank, has been transferred to another bank account.
Babar has alleged that he signed a blank cheque and kept it inside the drawer at his office in Kondhwa Khurd on October 10. After checking with his bank, Babar came to know that money has been transferred to the account of Kumar Shrinivas Mandera (48), a resident of Vidya Paradise in Undri. The police arrested Mandera, who is a land developer, and produced him before the court on Wednesday. "Mandera has been remanded to police custody for two days," said Thosar.
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress