- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Express 5: Lalu's daughter at Ram Kripal's home and another Navy officer killed
Acne is a common problem in winters that can be prevented by using proper preventive measures, say dermatologists
While it is commonly perceived as a problem that is in sync only with hormonal changes and teenagers, it is not the case with acne.
Dermatologists, in fact, advise people to not wash their faces excessively with soap since it is an irritant on skin and causes abrasions which lead to acne. Acne, which in lay man terms is pimples gone wild, is something that should be prevented during winters. "Those who have the mindset that acne occurs during hormonal changes and teens are only in for a rude shock, as acne can also be aggravated during winters. This season demands that everyone put on a lot of moisturiser to keep their face hydrated but excessive moisturisers can lead to acne. Acne is caused by two things –– hormonal imbalance and too much moisturiser during winters. Use of a lot of cosmetics can also lead to a severe acne problem," says Dr Raju Shah, dermatologist who has his clinic in Camp. "To prevent this, people should opt for moisturisers that are acne-free during winters" he adds.
"The root cause of any pimple or acne is when the sebaceous glands in the skin come in contact with the hormones of the body. Usually acne occurs between the ages of 18-25 years because of hormonal changes in the body. In a way we can say that it can't be prevented at that time because the glands are responding to the hormones, but what we can do is to prevent it from going to severe stages," explains Dr Sunil Tolat, a dermatologist who is a professor at Sasoon hospital and Consultant at the Jehangir Hospital. "Acne can also occur in people who have a family history of the condition. Acne can occur in three grades or stages primarily," he adds.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today