Free bus service for cancer patients
- Angry Priyanka Gandhi hits back at opponents, says her husband Robert Vadra is being 'maligned'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: UPA will hold together even in defeat, says Sharad Pawar
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- Hate speeches: Modi says petty statements by 'BJP well wishers deviating poll campaign'
Haryana government has decided to provide free travel facility to cancer patients in state roadways buses. Health Minister Rao Narender "About 50,000 cancer patients travel in the Roadways buses to reach hospitals every year. It has been observed that a cancer patient has to visit the hospital about 15 times in a year. Keeping this in view state government has approved to provide free travel facility to such patients in Haryana Roadways buses."
20-year-old found dead in Amritsar
Amritsar: A 20-year-old man from Harchowal allegedly committed suicide on Monday. Gurdeep Singh, who police said worked as a labourer at a sugar mill at Kiri Afghana in Gurdaspur, did not return home after work on Sunday. "His body was found hanging with from a tree near Harchowal today morning," said Sri Hargobindpur SHO Gurbhinder Singh. Batala SSP Tulsi Ram said prima facie, it appears to be a case of suicide.
Punjab orders austerity measures
Chandigarh: The Punjab government on Monday said that in the case of international travels, officers whose grade pay was Rs10,000 and above and whose status was equivalent to that of the secretary and above, would be entitled to business or club class in cases where one-way flying time was over eight hours. The rest would have to travel by economy class.
Discoms collection centres to remain open
Chandigarh: All the cash collection centres of the Haryana power distribution corporations will remain open on December 25, 26 and 29.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready