Free tickets for Air India bigshots, serving, ex, deceased too
- UP Police raids Sahara chief Subrata Roy's residence, fails to arrest him
- AAP announces second list of candidates, Rajmohan Gandhi to contest from East Delhi
- TRS MP Vijayashanthi joins Congress day after party rules out merger
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
- UPAâs farewell gift: a house for Lalu, rent waiver for many
Doesn't matter how badly Air India is bleeding — when it comes to deciding on freebies for the staff and the top brass.
The Air India Board has received a startling proposal cleared by itsHuman Resources Committee that goes far beyond the current entitlements and allows the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD), top officials and their families, to get lifelong free air tickets for both domestic and international travel, that, too, in First Class and Business Class.
Not just that.
If the proposal is cleared, these freebies will be available even if the officers have retired. And if they have passed away, the freebies will pass on to their families. Definition of a family? "Self, spouse, children, parents, son-in-law, daughter-in-law, brothers and sisters."
On October 18, the Human Resources committee of Air India approved this new proposal for the joint entity (Indian and Air India) which will be applicable on the company network, including that of subsidiaries. The revised passage — each passage means a free return ticket — proposal, once cleared by the Board, will be effective from August 1, 2011.
At the November 29 board meeting, non-official members and Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor Bharat Bhushan are said to have objected to the proposal. They have asked Air India to get back with comparative figures of passage entitlements which were applicable to officials of both Air India and the erstwhile Indian Airlines.
When contacted, AI spokesperson GP Rao said the proposal is "still under consideration."
The salient points of the proposal applicable to the top brass:
CMD/MD: Family entitled to unlimited free passages. On retirement, annual entitlement is "24 passages on domestic network and 24 passages on international network in First Class for family." If deceased, 12 annual passages on domestic and 12 on international for family in First Class.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight