Freebies mark birthday celebration of Alagiri
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Freebies and launch of various welfare schemes marked the celebration of Union Minister M K Alagiri's 62nd birthday by his supporters here.
DMK supporters at the venue where the freebies were distributed, said better publicity would be given in future to celebrate his birthday as the corporation had 'restricted' the number of posters and cutouts of their leader.
They alleged that the district administration had also started taking action against wall paintings, though these were just announcments of the freebies to be given away.
The venue of the freebies distribution wore a festive look with posters and buntings and a traditional chenda melam percussion group from Kerala playing. Posters praising Alagiri and his son Durai Dayanidhi were put up at various places.
The cadres had organised blood donation camps and distribution free food at some places since January 26 and said they planned to distribute welfare schemes to at least one lakh people this year.