Freebies mark birthday celebration of Alagiri
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 5th phase of elections: Moderate to high turnout on biggest voting day
- Election Commission lifts ban on BJP leader Amit Shah after he promises to behave
Freebies and launch of various welfare schemes marked the celebration of Union Minister M K Alagiri's 62nd birthday by his supporters here.
DMK supporters at the venue where the freebies were distributed, said better publicity would be given in future to celebrate his birthday as the corporation had 'restricted' the number of posters and cutouts of their leader.
They alleged that the district administration had also started taking action against wall paintings, though these were just announcments of the freebies to be given away.
The venue of the freebies distribution wore a festive look with posters and buntings and a traditional chenda melam percussion group from Kerala playing. Posters praising Alagiri and his son Durai Dayanidhi were put up at various places.
The cadres had organised blood donation camps and distribution free food at some places since January 26 and said they planned to distribute welfare schemes to at least one lakh people this year.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer