Freedom fighter passes away
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Bharatiya Janata Party releases second list of candidates for Lok Sabha elections
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- In Mumbai, new warship system malfunctions, Navy officer killed
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
Veteran freedom fighter and an associate of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose, Kundan Singh Sahota passed away at his native village Jandu Singha, on the out skirts of Jalandhar on Sunday night. Born on Jan 1, 1922, Kundan Singh joined the Army as a sepoy in the Sikh regiment and after training was sent to Egypt during the Second World War. He was captured by German forces and was jailed for many years. He was honoured with 'Tamra Patra' by the late Prime Minister Indira Gandhi for his contributions during the freedom struggle. He was also awarded the Shahid-E-Azam Bhagat Singh by the Punjab government.
Nishan booked for threatening witness
Faridkot: The main accused in the Faridkot 'minor' abduction case, Nishan Singh, was arrested from jail and produced in a local court on Tuesday for allegedly threatening witnesses from inside prison. He was sent to 3 days police remand. Police said that Nishan had made the calls on January 15 from a Haryana number and following a raid, four SIM cards were found on him.
Badal cancels all Jan engagements
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal has cancelled all his pre scheduled engagements across the state till February 1. Disclosing this here on Tuesday a government spokesperson said doctors had advised the chief minister to take rest for remaining three days of the month.
Batala: Three held for gangrape
Amritsar: Batala police have detained three persons in connection with a gang rape case registered on Monday evening. Batala SSP Tulsi Ram said police have detained Mandeep Masih, Harpreet and Jassi after a woman lodged a complaint with police that her daughter had been gang raped by four persons in a farm. The other accused Durlabh Singh is absconding.
Punjab unveils new dairy plan
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today