'Freelancer' Dirk Nannes banks on lifeline IPL to cater to family needs
- Supreme Court issues notice to Goa Police, agrees to hear Tejpal's bail plea in sexual assault case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says poverty is a 'tourist destination' for Rahul
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh defiant despite FIR, says he stands by his 'Modi critics must go to Pak' remarks
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
Twnety20 free lance fast bowler Dirk Nannes has claimed performing well in the ongoing Big Bash League (BBL) was crucial for him ahead of the looming Indian Premier League (IPL) auctions, a tournament which he believes is crucial for him to support his family that stays in England.
The rejuvenated 36-year-old reinforced his position among Australia's elite and fastest T20 bowlers by claiming 11 wickets in eight matches and boasting an enviable economy rate of 6.5 runs an over for the luckless Sydney Thunder, a media report said.
Having been released by Bangalore late last year, Nannes said it was immensely important for his career that he excelled in the Big Bash, before next month's IPL auctions. Nannes said with his reputation of being a freelance T20 player, the IPL is a huge tournament for him.
The pace man added that a bowler is as good as he has bowled in his last tournament, adding he was fortunate to bowl well in the BBL, as it was also one of his personal goals.
He said he wanted to show all the franchisees that he is a profitable option to have in their team by performing well in the BBL. Nannes said the next few weeks would be nerve-racking as he awaited the IPL auction but he would attempt to ignore that pressure for as long as possible.
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota