Freida Pinto to host pre Oscar bash
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
"Slumdog Millionaire" star Freida Pinto will host a special pre Oscar party where she will promote the issue of girl child education.
A week-long celebration leading up to the Academy Awards by Vanity Fair magazine is one of the most attended and sought after celebratory events and the 28-year-old beauty is the first Indian origin actress to host the event.
"When Vanity Fair approached Freida to co-host the pre Oscar party with them she was more than happy to align with them and bring more attention to the 10X10 Girl Rising initiative. She has always felt committed to this cause and wouldn't miss out on this opportunity," her spokesperson said in a statement.