Freida Pinto to host pre-Oscar party to promote girl child education
- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Freida Pinto, 'Slumdog Millionaire' star, will host a special pre-Oscar party where she will promote the issue of girl child education.
A week-long celebration leading up to the Academy Awards by Vanity Fair magazine is one of the most attended and sought after celebratory events and the 28-year-old beauty is the first Indian origin actress to host the event.
"When Vanity Fair approached Freida Pinto to co-host the pre Oscar party with them she was more than happy to align with them and bring more attention to the 10X10 Girl Rising initiative. She has always felt committed to this cause and wouldn't miss out on this opportunity," her spokesperson said in a statement.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today