Freight corridor has been extended up to Ludhiana: PM to industrialists
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
Regarding labour reforms, the industrialists said that flexibility in labour laws might be initiated. One idea given was related to flexibility in working hours. Certain countries like Germany and China have adopted flexible hours with a provision of fixing total number of working hours in a specific period say a month or a year. Similar reforms may be introduced in India too.
Prominent industrialists who met the PM were Pawan Dewan, president DCC (U), Ludhiana, Shri Pal Oswal, Kamal Oswal, Rajender Gupta, Mridula Jain, J R Singal, Sandeep Riat (Mini), Rakesh Gupta, Sanjeev Pahwa, Gurmeet Kular, Ranjodh Singh, K N S Kang, O P Munjal, S K Rai, Sanjay Gupta, Gurdeep Singh Ahluwalia, Gopi Kothari, D L Sharma and Satish Dhanda.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'