Frenchman hitchhikes 100,000 miles around the world in last five-and-half years
- Subrata Roy faces 'ink attack' outside SC, seeks more time to refund Sahara investors' money
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Tehelka rape case: Tarun Tejpal's bail plea hearing begins
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
A 29-year-old Frenchman returned to Paris after completing his 112,282-mile hitchhiking trek around the world in 5.5 years. He had set off from his hometown in France in October 2007.
Jeremy Marie said when he started, he was looking for the feeling of freedom and felt excited.
According to a media report, Marie said it was quite difficult to break with everything, to get free. It's something he had looked for a long time.
Marie is a budget-conscious globetrotter. He hitchhiked the whole time, not paying once for transportation. In total he spent just 18,000 dollars during the whole trip.
He said he met some really weird people, adding that sometimes he left a car because he felt awkward, more than it being a dangerous situation.
He never paid for any of the 1,752 rides he was given, which included traveling by car, boat, plane and even a donkey.
Instead, Marie depended on the kindness of strangers. He spent about 18,000 dollars on food, shelter and gear during almost 2,000 days of travel through 71 countries and territories.
Only once did Marie stop to make money, spending three months in Australia waiting tables and refilling his bank account, the report said.
He spent the most time in the United States, traveling six months throughout the country, even making it up through Canada and to Alaska, it added.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore