Fresh Assam violence isolated events: Centre
- Lies being spread that govt will scrap reservation: PM Modi
- Bihar polls: PM Modi's rally at Bhabhua tomorrow gets EC clearance
- Policy decision on combat role for women soon, says Defence Minister Parrikar
- Delhi: 4-year-old girl raped, found bleeding near railway tracks
- K P Oli elected as new Prime Minister of Nepal
Even as an indefinite curfew continued for the second day across Kokrajhar district in Assam, Union Home Secretary R K Singh described the incidents of violence as "isolated" and said that those behind it will not be spared.
Seeking to downplay fresh violence, the Centre asked the state government to arrest those involved in ethnic clashes between Bodos and immigrant Muslims and seize illegal weapons by deploying enough forces, including the Army, in the strife-torn areas.
State DGP J N Choudhury on Friday rushed to the district town, took stock of the situation, and asked the security forces to go all-out against trouble-makers. Miscreants used AK-series weapons in some of the six incidents that have occurred in the district in renewed violence. At least seven persons have been killed in these incidents. There was no fresh incident on Friday, he said.