Fresh land scam in Panchkula; case registered against six
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
A case has been registered against six people at Pinjore Police Station over distribution of compensation awarded from Shamlat land acquisition. The Haryana government had acquired land in five villages, Rajipur, Meelk, Manalpur Nanakchand, Surajpur and Thamala, of Pinjore block for Kaushyala Dam, Surajpur bypass and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) sectors.
The compensation amounting to Rs 7.89 crore was allegedly distributed among fake land owners. The matter was raised in Assembly, after which DC Panchkula handed over the matter to SDM Kalka, Vandana Disodia.
She indicted six people - Land Acquisition Officer Dinesh Yadav, DR Kairo, HUDA Tehsildar Ghoop Singh, Tehsildar Kalka Ishwar Chand Vairagi, Kalka Kanungo Singh Ram and Naib Tehsildar of HUDA, Surender.
Usually in such cases Patwari goes through the land records and find out the actual owners and submit a report to DC through Tehsildar. In the present case, Land Acquisition Officer allegedly directly contacted Tehsildar Kalka and disbursed the compensation. The process, which takes months, was completed within a week.
DSP Ashok Bakshi of CID crime branch is investigating the matter.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi