Fresh land scam in Panchkula; case registered against six
- Yoga Day celebration at Rajpath sets two Guinness World Records
- Yoga not religious; an antidote to violence, conflict: Swaraj at UN
- Death toll climbs to 97 in Mumbai hooch tragedy, 2 women arrested
- 'Peepli Live' co-director, Mahmood Farooqui arrested on rape charges
- Lalit Modi invoked British royal names for UK travel papers
A case has been registered against six people at Pinjore Police Station over distribution of compensation awarded from Shamlat land acquisition. The Haryana government had acquired land in five villages, Rajipur, Meelk, Manalpur Nanakchand, Surajpur and Thamala, of Pinjore block for Kaushyala Dam, Surajpur bypass and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) sectors.
The compensation amounting to Rs 7.89 crore was allegedly distributed among fake land owners. The matter was raised in Assembly, after which DC Panchkula handed over the matter to SDM Kalka, Vandana Disodia.
She indicted six people - Land Acquisition Officer Dinesh Yadav, DR Kairo, HUDA Tehsildar Ghoop Singh, Tehsildar Kalka Ishwar Chand Vairagi, Kalka Kanungo Singh Ram and Naib Tehsildar of HUDA, Surender.
Usually in such cases Patwari goes through the land records and find out the actual owners and submit a report to DC through Tehsildar. In the present case, Land Acquisition Officer allegedly directly contacted Tehsildar Kalka and disbursed the compensation. The process, which takes months, was completed within a week.
DSP Ashok Bakshi of CID crime branch is investigating the matter.