Fresh land scam in Panchkula; case registered against six
- Subrata Roy to remain in Tihar, Supreme Court calls Sahara's proposal "dishonourable"
- Arvind Kejriwal stopped on way to meet Narendra Modi
- Modi's next round of Chai pe charcha doesn't have police permission yet
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
- Jat quota after riots hurt Muslim sentiments, says Alvi
A case has been registered against six people at Pinjore Police Station over distribution of compensation awarded from Shamlat land acquisition. The Haryana government had acquired land in five villages, Rajipur, Meelk, Manalpur Nanakchand, Surajpur and Thamala, of Pinjore block for Kaushyala Dam, Surajpur bypass and Haryana Urban Development Authority (HUDA) sectors.
The compensation amounting to Rs 7.89 crore was allegedly distributed among fake land owners. The matter was raised in Assembly, after which DC Panchkula handed over the matter to SDM Kalka, Vandana Disodia.
She indicted six people - Land Acquisition Officer Dinesh Yadav, DR Kairo, HUDA Tehsildar Ghoop Singh, Tehsildar Kalka Ishwar Chand Vairagi, Kalka Kanungo Singh Ram and Naib Tehsildar of HUDA, Surender.
Usually in such cases Patwari goes through the land records and find out the actual owners and submit a report to DC through Tehsildar. In the present case, Land Acquisition Officer allegedly directly contacted Tehsildar Kalka and disbursed the compensation. The process, which takes months, was completed within a week.
DSP Ashok Bakshi of CID crime branch is investigating the matter.