Friday best night for restful, sound sleep: research
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Unethical, betrayal: Prime Minister Manmohan Singhâs daughter voices family anger
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Most of the people tend to sleep better on a Friday night than any other night of the week, according to a new research.
A study of 2,000 people found that Friday is the first time people unwind properly after a full week at work and get a decent night's rest.
Research pointed out that not having to get up the next day is a contributory factor.
It also divulged that the average Briton enjoys up to nine hours sleep on a Friday night and takes just nine minutes to drop off.
"Our survey shows many British workers experience relief that their week is over," Nick Worthington of beds retailer Dreams, which conducted the research, said.
"On a Friday night the only thing most people have to worry about is how they are going to spend their days off.
"That's a really nice feeling and one which would contribute to a restful and sound sleep," Worthington added.
Predictably, the survey also showed that the worst night's sleep for the average person is on a Sunday.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties