Friday's big release: Shahid Kapoor's action flick 'R… Rajkumar'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
It is going to be another litmus test for Bollywood actor Shahid Kapoor, whose second consecutive action film 'R…Rajkumar', releases this Friday.
'R... Rajkumar', which has been directed by choreographer-turned-director Prabhu Dheva, is Sonakshi Sinha's second consecutive release within a week.
Shahid Kapoor, who is in desperate need of a hit, has put his bets on the ace director, who has excelled in the genre with films like Salman Khan's 'Wanted' and Akshay Kumar's 'Rowdy Rathore'.
Shahid Kapoor's earlier release this year was 'Phata Poster Nikhla Hero' which failed to impress his fans or critics. Shahid has so far managed to deliver a few hits - 'Ishq Vishk' (2003), 'Vivah' (2006), 'Kaminey' and 'Jab We Met' (2007) -- in his career spanning over 10 years.
Shahid Kapoor, who has been busy promoting the film in every city, TV show, had said in an interview: "I want lot of luck and want all my films to be really superhits. I don't want to hear that the film is not good but you did a good job. I am tired of hearing that. I am hoping for little luck so that my films do really well. Now I am at that stage where I want a little luck... want a super-hit film... the desire is there," he said.
Meanwhile, Sonakshi Sinha could also use some luck as her last release 'Bullett Raja' bombed at the Box Office.
'R… Rajkumar' has in fact generated a lot of interest among the audience due to Shahid and Sonakshi's crackling onscreen chemistry and their bang on comic timing. The fact that songs like 'Gandi Baat' and 'Sari Ke Fall Sa' are topping the charts also add to the film's interest.
Keeping in mind that 'Ram-Leela's performance has seen a dip since the third week of its release and last week's release 'Bullett Raja'' failed to make its mark, 'R… Rajkumar' stands a strong chance to garner good Box Office collections.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express