Chronology: From 26/11 to Ajmal Kasab hanging
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: BJP workers embarrass Murli Joshi by shouting pro-Modi slogans
Feb 21, 2011: Bombay High Court upholds death sentence to Kasab.
March 2011: Kasab writes letter to SC challenging HC order.
Oct 10, 2011: SC stays execution of the death sentence awarded to Pakistani terrorist Kasab.
Oct 10, 2011: Kasab tells SC that he was brainwashed like a "robot" into committing the heinous crime in the name of "God" and that he does not deserve capital punishment owing to his young age.
Oct 18, 2011: The Supreme Court admits Maharashtra government's appeal challenging the acquittal of Faheem Ansari and Sabauddin Ahmed, co-accused of Ajmal Kasab, in the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
Jan 31, 2012: Kasab tells SC that he was not given a free and fair trial in the case.
Feb 23, 2012: SC hears intercepted conversations between the perpetrators of 26/11 Mumbai terror attack and their Pakistani handlers and watched the CCTV footage of the carnage.
Apr 25, 2012: SC reserves its verdict after a marathon hearing, spanning over two and a half month.
Aug 29, 2012: SC upholds death sentence of Kasab and acquittal of two alleged Indian co-conspirators in the case.
Oct 16,2012: Union Home Ministry recommends to President for rejection of Kasab's mercy plea.
Nov 5,2012: President rejects Kasab's mercy petition.
Nov 8,2012: Maharashtra government informed about President's decision.
Nov 21,2012: Kasab hanged in Yerawada Jail in Pune.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit