From government with love, Rs 334 crore to CM's Saifai
- Not RSSâs job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits: Bhagwat
- Malaysia Airlines flight case: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
- DMK has room for Raja, Baalu, not for Alagiri
Since it came to power in Uttar Pradesh 21 months ago, the Akhilesh Yadav government has allotted Rs 334 crore for various programmes and projects at his ancestral village, Saifai in Etawah district.
Saifai has a population of 7,141 and is part of Jaswant Nagar assembly constituency of PWD minister Shivpal Yadav and Mainpuri Lok Sabha constituency of Mulayam Singh Yadav. It was pampered during Mulayam's regime too, when it was made a subdivision and went on to get a Rural Institute of Medical Sciences and Research, a sports complex and an airstrip.
The projects started by the Akhilesh government since March 2012, as per government records:
Rs 5 crore: For a sports college, allocated in the supplementary budget of 2013-14 presented in September. The college, for boys of classes VI to XII, will be built on a 71.25-acre plot. It will have a hostel, an athletics track, a swimming pool and grounds and courts for football, basketball, volleyball, cricket and hockey (astro turf), besides an indoor hall and a multi-purpose hall.
Rs 3.11 crore: Sanctioned in March 2013 for a tourism complex. When contacted, Tourism Secretary Sanjiv Saran said he does not remember details as "it is a small project".
Rs 42 crore: The estimated cost of an emergency trauma and burns centre, currently being built. Construction of the centre was last year allotted to the Uttar Pradesh Rajkiya Nirman Nigam.
Rs 103.21 crore: For a complex of all-weather swimming pools meant for international contests, sanctioned by the cabinet in November 2012. The complex will include a practice pool, a main pool and a diving pool. It will also have an administrative block, a gymnasium, a VIP gallery and accommodation for swimmers. An IAS officer posted as sports director was suspended last month for delaying the file relating to the construction.
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress