From Rs 2 lakh, city boy steers his CV company to Rs 2-cr turnover
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
A first-generation entrepreneur, Johar started from an incubation centre developed by the Punjab government in Mohali and the company he is steering as Chief Executive Officer has nearly 400 clients.
But building the company has not been an easy task. An engineer by background, Johar likes to be dubbed company 'salesman'. "It is tough and sometimes gets really tiring. In the last one year I have been travelling for some eight months. You need to live on junk food in hotels, you put on weight. But if you have to sell, you have to put up with all this," he said.
Johar was working in some companies in different parts of the country before the entrepreneurial streak in him showed. "I started from scratch. I invested not more than Rs 2 lakh to start with. It was a plug-and-play kind of set-up in Mohali and after we moved into the office accommodation provided to us by the government we didn't look back," he said.
With an employee strength of 28 people, Johar said "as of now, based on our clientele, we are among the top five resume filing companies in the world, but we want to crash the barrier and reach the coveted number one position".
Next on the mind of this young entrepreneur is to develop multiple language versions of his software product which is also named as Rchilli and to sell the software as a service (SAS) to charge clients on pay-per-use mode. "That is something which is going to drive the growth. Until now we had the product, Rchilli, that was priced to the large companies, but we want companies to only pay for the time for which they use the software. It will be a big leap for us," he said.
"We make the job of companies easier for recruitment. Not only does our software processes those resumes to the companies which are matched as per the job requirement, but even the applicants don't have to tire much on Internet to write the resume. The software adjusts the entries in a neat order and candidates get quick updates about the status of job application," he said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18