Fruit vendor found murdered, cops suspect acquaintance
- Modi government softens stand on controversial Land Acquisition Bill, says ready for talks
- Gangster Abu Salem sentenced to life imprisonment in Pradeep Jain murder case
- Went to casino for dinner with family, apologise for my choice of venue: Moin Khan
- Ready to discuss issue of alleged stealing of Petroleum ministry documents: Government
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Jodhpur court defers verdict
A fruit vendor has been brutally murdered with his assailants disfiguring his face to conceal his identity. His body was found at a park in Model Town on Saturday. Police, however, identified the deceased as Joginder Pal (50) of Pritam Nagar and added that he sold fruits near the post office. He had been reported missing on Friday.
The body was sent to the civil hospital for an autopsy. The Model Town police have registered a case against unknown killers. The murderers also looted him, police said. Suspecting the involvement of an acquaintance in the murder, police have initiated investigations and have recovered stones soaked with blood from the spot. People who came for a walk in the park in morning sounded the police after seeing the blood soaked body.
"A plastic rope was found wrapped around the throat of the deceased and his face was almost crushed with the stones," said Davinder Chowdhary, SHO, Model Town police station.
Vinay, nephew of the victim, confirmed the deceased as his maternal uncle. Vinay has told to the police that his uncle was missing since Friday evening.