Fruit vendor found murdered, cops suspect acquaintance
- Telangana fallout: Kiran Kumar Reddy set to resign as Andhra Pradesh CM, meets Seemandhra leaders
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Telangana: Oppn terms blackout as 'tactical', Chiranjeevi threatens to stall Rajya Sabha
- Rajiv Gandhi assassination: Supreme Court spares convicts death, state may remit sentence
- Fascist Right-wing plot, says Tejpal, asks for CCTV footage that âvalidates meâ
A fruit vendor has been brutally murdered with his assailants disfiguring his face to conceal his identity. His body was found at a park in Model Town on Saturday. Police, however, identified the deceased as Joginder Pal (50) of Pritam Nagar and added that he sold fruits near the post office. He had been reported missing on Friday.
The body was sent to the civil hospital for an autopsy. The Model Town police have registered a case against unknown killers. The murderers also looted him, police said. Suspecting the involvement of an acquaintance in the murder, police have initiated investigations and have recovered stones soaked with blood from the spot. People who came for a walk in the park in morning sounded the police after seeing the blood soaked body.
"A plastic rope was found wrapped around the throat of the deceased and his face was almost crushed with the stones," said Davinder Chowdhary, SHO, Model Town police station.
Vinay, nephew of the victim, confirmed the deceased as his maternal uncle. Vinay has told to the police that his uncle was missing since Friday evening.
- Money talks: ‘Unanimous’ SLC gets on board with ICC revamp plan
- The great Game Folio: Silk routes
- In taxing times, realtors discover ‘fringe’ benefits
- Few takers for UT scholarships, students claim not enough info
- Interim budget focuses on transport but misses out on Metro Rail for UT
- GPP to become history, will merge with BJP next week in Modi’s presence