Fruit vendor found murdered, cops suspect acquaintance
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- Kumar Vishwas files application alleging threat to life from Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
A fruit vendor has been brutally murdered with his assailants disfiguring his face to conceal his identity. His body was found at a park in Model Town on Saturday. Police, however, identified the deceased as Joginder Pal (50) of Pritam Nagar and added that he sold fruits near the post office. He had been reported missing on Friday.
The body was sent to the civil hospital for an autopsy. The Model Town police have registered a case against unknown killers. The murderers also looted him, police said. Suspecting the involvement of an acquaintance in the murder, police have initiated investigations and have recovered stones soaked with blood from the spot. People who came for a walk in the park in morning sounded the police after seeing the blood soaked body.
"A plastic rope was found wrapped around the throat of the deceased and his face was almost crushed with the stones," said Davinder Chowdhary, SHO, Model Town police station.
Vinay, nephew of the victim, confirmed the deceased as his maternal uncle. Vinay has told to the police that his uncle was missing since Friday evening.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer