Fugitive Home Guard held, stolen bike seized
- FIR against SP leader Azam Khan over hate speech
- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- Elections 2014 LIVE: FIR against Azam Khan; Rahul to file nomination papers today
The anti-narcotic and anti-illicit liquor smuggling wing of Ludhiana police commissionerate has arrested a man and recovered a stolen motorcycle from his possession. The accused has been identified as Jinkan alias Ram Avtar (38) of Jujhar Nagar of Ludhiana.
The accused was with the Home Guard department and was deputed at the railway station. He was found guilty of looting passengers by giving them eatables laced with sedatives in 2007. The police have registered a case against him and arrested him. The Home Guard department had dismissed him from service.
According to Sub-Inspector Harbans Singh, incharge of anti-narcotic and anti-illicit liquor smuggling wing, the police arrested him from Cheema Chowk on Sunday following a tip-off and recovered a stolen motorcycle from his possession.
Another case has been registered against him at police station, division no. 6, in this context.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit