Full-body scanners to be removed from US airports
- Putin gets Russia Senate nod to use military in Ukraine
- Assam woman who attended Rahul event dies of burn injuries, police say she's not the one who kissed him
- Aam Aadmi Party releases third list of candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Varanasi: Rahul woos rickshawpullers, promises better livelihood
- State Forest Dept guest house is police custody for Sahara chief Subrata Roy
Controversial full-body scanners will be removed from the US airports amid widespread privacy concerns.
The scanners, which to the discomfort of many travelers had become a part of security screening at airports in the past few years, would be done away with by June, a federal agency announced Friday.
This is primarily because the company which had installed such scanners in airports has not been able to deploy the non-imaging Automated Target Recognition software as mandated by the Congressionally, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) said.