Fuming Annie Kohli confronts Arvind Kejriwal over 'agent' comment
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
For the second time in two days, Annie Kohli, an Anna Hazare supporter, today confronted Arvind Kejriwal asking how some members of his anti-graft movement were dubbing her as an "agent" of political parties.
Kohli (55), who is based in Mumbai, went to lawyer Prashant Bhushan's residence here where Kejriwal and others were in a meeting demanding that she wants to meet the activist.
As Kohli raised her voice, Kejriwal, who was in the meeting, came out and tried to assuage her.
Kohli asked Kejriwal on what basis his supporters associated with India Against Corruption accused her of being an agent of parties. She also alleged that she was manhandled by his supporters.
Kejriwal requested her to come inside the house for discussions. Later, she said Kejriwal heard her out and assured that he will talk to his supporters. She said she was with him in the movement against corruption but did not support his political campaign.
"I have no differences with him. I respect him. I want to ask him one question whether he is a crusader or a politician. I am not with him on politics but when if it is fight against corruption, I will support him," she told reporters.
She also said Kejriwal, who was with her when she spoke to the media, has told her that he will talk to Mayank Gandhi about her issues.
Kejriwal said, "She is upset with the misbehaviour of some volunteers at Mumbai airport. If this is true, then I apologise to her. I will speak to volunteers. I appeal to IAC supporters not to behave like this. If we do so, then what is the difference between us and other parties," he said.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'