- Sahara chief Subrata Roy arrested in Lucknow, says he was not absconding
- Chhattisgarh: Six policemen killed in Naxal ambush
- Govt hikes DA by 10% for 80 lakh employees & pensioners
- In countdown to polls, UPA govt pushes for dozen cabinet proposals to beat model code of conduct
- Tarun Tejpal among three booked for possession of phones inside Goa jail
Music: MM Kreem
In a film like Neeraj Pandey's con caper Special Chabbis, which are based on real life incidents, songs always take a backseat. While the songs from the film's album might act as distractions and fillers on screen, in the soundtrack, they manage to occupy place of their own.
Tujh sang lagee, featuring a soulful arrangement is a composition which is Indian at its core. The song features vocalist KK in his usual heart-warming style. He is supported by composer M.M. Kreem, who is at the helm of affairs in this soundtrack. There is a touch of qawwali in this composition with typical Bollywood love-song effect. The tune does not catch your attention but the vocals are strong and compliment the lyrics.
Piano and soft flute arrangements open the serenading ballad, Kaun mera. Singer Chaitra Ambadipuri's mellow vocals are in sync with the soft theme of the song. However, the song loses its charm towards the end as it fails to engage you. Kaun mera also has a male rendition, sung by Anuraag Mahanta (Papon), which is more rich in terms of beats, score and vocals. Plus, there is also an unplugged version of the song, rendered by Sunidhi Chauhan. The piano is dominant in all three variations of the song; the male version and the unplugged versions sound better than the original. Besides, this is the best song in the album.
Gore mukhde pe which is a Punjabi track featuring the vocals of Aman Trikha, Shabab Sabri and Shreya Ghoshal. A typical Punjabi flavoured fun-filled number, the song has been composed by music director-singer-film producer Himesh Reshammiya.
Upcoming singer Keerthi Sagathia renders the next track titled Mujh mein tu, a melancholy. MM Kreem himself goes behind the mike for another version of the song, which is enhanced by an orchestra in the score.
- Love and thereabouts
- Youth Akali Dal leaders open fire in front of Akali leader’s home, 3 hurt
- Raarewala market: Shopkeepers threaten LS election boycott; Ayali, mayor swing into action
- Techie murder: 2 months on, cops land in UP on wild goose chase, lens on taxi, auto drivers
- Deoband cleric declares support for Narendra Modi
- Row in British parliament complex over Narendra Modi’s past