Future is Bright
- Election LIVE: BJP's third candidate list out, Ram Kripal to contest from Patliputra against Lalu's daughter
- Show us the money, Supreme Court says, refuses bail to Subrata Roy
- December 16 gangrape: Delhi High Court upholds death to four convicts
- India joins global search to locate missing Malaysia Airlines plane
- Shiv Sena hits out at BJP, asks it to follow "alliance dharma"
On February 14, Indian designer duo Hemant Sagar and Didier Lecoanet will unveil Luminocity, a special line created for Bonjour India 2013, a festival of arts reflecting the friendship between India and France. The collection will be showcased as a fashion installation with real light sculptures and projections at Jantar Mantar in Delhi.
The grounds of Jantar Mantar and the beauty of the satellites have been major sources of inspiration for the collection. Lending it a magical feel of astronomy and outer space, the pieces reflect iconic Indian imagery from daily life, mythology, arts, culture and heritage projected into the future.
The line comprises eight main outfits that are complemented by 12 small ones to depict satellites orbiting one another. Created with translucent synthetic fabrics, the pieces depict the feel of sculptures. The collection, assure the designer duo, will be different from anything showcased earlier.
"Through this festival we are able to revisit our Indo-French roots and present exquisite pieces that have never been created earlier. We hope that the unique collection and ambience is appreciated by everyone," says Sagar.