G T Hospital staffer held for molesting woman
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
A 57-year-old ward boy at G T Hospital was on Saturday arrested for allegedly molesting a 20-year-old woman, police said.
Mohan Dhamale, employed at the hospital for nearly 30 years, allegedly molested the woman in a deserted portion of the hospital premises around 7.15 am, when his superiors were not around.
The victim registered a complaint at Azad Maidan police station. Dhamale, who lives in Santacruz West and has two daughters, was arrested and remanded in judicial custody till February 24. "We have charged him under Section 354 (using criminal force to outrage a woman's modesty) of the Indian Penal Code and a probe is on," said sub-inspector Khanvilkar.
"Dhamale was to retire in three years. We have suspended him," said Dr T P Lasagne, Dean, J J Group of Hospitals.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18