Gadget that allows diabetics to test blood sugar levels with iPhone
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
A French pharmaceutical giant has created a flashy gadget that hooks up to the iPhone to read the blood glucose levels of diabetics.
Sanofi will be releasing the iBGStar on Thursday to be sold in pharmacists across the country for 90 dollars, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The technology plugs into the base of the iPhone or iPod Touch and users prick their finger with a lancet and then press the blood sample to the meter.
The blood glucose result will appear on the mobile screen within six seconds and can be emailed to relatives or medicos instantly.