Gadget that allows diabetics to test blood sugar levels with iPhone
- Memon’s lawyers move SC seeking stay on his execution, high drama outside CJI's house
- ISIS preparing to attack India, likely to spark Indo-US confrontation: report
- Afghan intelligence: Taliban leader Mullah Omar dead for more than 2 years
- Whistleblower Sanjiv Chaturvedi, Anshu Gupta win Magsaysay award
- Abdul Kalam's mortal remains arrive in his hometown Rameswaram
A French pharmaceutical giant has created a flashy gadget that hooks up to the iPhone to read the blood glucose levels of diabetics.
Sanofi will be releasing the iBGStar on Thursday to be sold in pharmacists across the country for 90 dollars, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The technology plugs into the base of the iPhone or iPod Touch and users prick their finger with a lancet and then press the blood sample to the meter.
The blood glucose result will appear on the mobile screen within six seconds and can be emailed to relatives or medicos instantly.