Gadget that allows diabetics to test blood sugar levels with iPhone
A French pharmaceutical giant has created a flashy gadget that hooks up to the iPhone to read the blood glucose levels of diabetics.
Sanofi will be releasing the iBGStar on Thursday to be sold in pharmacists across the country for 90 dollars, the Daily Telegraph reported.
The technology plugs into the base of the iPhone or iPod Touch and users prick their finger with a lancet and then press the blood sample to the meter.
The blood glucose result will appear on the mobile screen within six seconds and can be emailed to relatives or medicos instantly.
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move
- Two and a half lakh Christians in city are confused over electing the ‘right’ candidate
- ‘Reliable’ voters from city’s slums swell by four lakh since last Lok Sabha polls
- Didi vows not to let terror revisit Jangalmahal