Gadkari issue continues to roil RSS
- Subrata Roy sent to police custody by Supreme Court till next hearing, faces 'ink attack'
- Nitin Gadkari-Raj Thackeray closeness could 'affect' alliance, hints Shiv Sena
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Smith announces sudden retirement, says fortunate to have had many highs
- Third Front is unviable 'tired front', says Mamata Banerjee
Three time-frames are presently in circulation in the parivar for a decision on Gadkari: in December, when Gadkari's term ends, in January when he actually took charge or in February when the party's national council put its stamp of approval on his appointment three years ago.
The names of several leaders are being floated as Gadkari's replacement, including senior leader Shanta Kumar. The party vice-president and former chief minister of Himachal is seen to be "clean", though at 78, he may not make the perfect fit for a party desperately seeking to project dynamism as it goes into general elections in a little over a year.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore