Gadkari to I-T officers: Who will protect you when BJP wins power?
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
The former Maharashtra minister also ridiculed media houses as "dukaan" (shop). "One channel shows something and then everyone else follows. The bosses tell their reporters to go to Gadkari's house and bring some news. Not their (reporters') fault. It's their job to move around the whole day with the danduka (microphone) in their hands. Please don't target them," he said.
"I have never worked for any post or to become CM or PM. I will not accept any post unless I am acquitted of all charges," he said. "My future programme will be to provide 50,000 jobs to Vidarbha youth and Rs 1 crore for Vidarbha's farmers to ensure that no farmer commits suicide. Let's all work together without any divisions of caste, language and religion," he said.
Gadkari also touched upon national issues such as inflation and Shinde's "Hindu terror" allegations against the BJP and RSS. "They couldn't hang Afzal Guru and have the gumption to level such allegations against us. Instead of taking Pakistan on, they are trying to help it with such statements," he said.
Polls favour NDA
Two different "mood of the nation" surveys conducted by two news channels on Thursday projected the BJP-led NDA as the winner if Lok Sabha polls were held today.
The ABP News-Nielsen survey pegged the NDA's vote share at 39%, and the UPA's at 22%.
The India Today-Nielsen survey gave 203 seats to the NDA (27% vote share), and 157 seats to the UPA (28% vote share).
- BJP Dalit leader mounts pressure on Kejriwal over AAP’s stand on reservation
- PGI gets 10 new glaucoma cases of kids every month
- Balongi: 4 more water samples fail; 3 kids among 4 new patients
- Kejriwal gave ‘misleading information’ about assets, complainant tells court
- Was told not to talk of Jaspal Bhatti… He was my husband, my motivation: Savita
- Delhi EC moots longer polling hours
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress