GADVASU invites applications for Chief Ministerís awards
- National Herald case: Supreme Court orders Sonia, Rahul Gandhi to face trial
- 26/11 Mumbai attackers were getting directions from control room in Karachi, admits Headley
- Anti-India acts cannot be tolerated, say Rajnath, Smriti on JNU row
- 26/11 deposition: Sparks fly after Headley repeats Ishrat-LeT link
- Gravitational waves: A leap towards theory of everything
The Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) will confer the Chief Minister's Award in the field of dairy farming, poultry farming/fish farming as well as pig/goat farming.
The Directorate of Extension Education, GADVASU, Ludhiana, has invited applications from farmers undertaking different aspects of livestock farming by February 8.
Dr R S Sahota, Director Extension Education, GADVASU, said the awards had been funded by the Chief Minister to boost the livestock sector in the state and would consist of a cash prize as well as citation and a shawl.
There are separate awards for cow and buffalo farmers. The cash prize for buffalo and cows categories are Rs 21,000 each, for poultry/fisheries it is Rs 11,000, and for pig/goat farming it is Rs 5,100.