GADVASU invites applications for Chief Ministerís awards
- Telangana LIVE: Prime Minister announces special package for Seemandhra for 5 years
- Supreme Court stays release of Rajiv Gandhi killers after Centre opposes Jayalalithaa's decision
- Rahul Gandhi's remark on Rajiv killers a drama to divert attention: Kumar Vishwas
- Tribal activist Soni Sori, ex-Infosys CFO V Bala join Aam Aadmi Party
- Andhra: Three girls of a family abducted, set ablaze by uncle
The Guru Angad Dev Veterinary & Animal Sciences University (GADVASU) will confer the Chief Minister's Award in the field of dairy farming, poultry farming/fish farming as well as pig/goat farming.
The Directorate of Extension Education, GADVASU, Ludhiana, has invited applications from farmers undertaking different aspects of livestock farming by February 8.
Dr R S Sahota, Director Extension Education, GADVASU, said the awards had been funded by the Chief Minister to boost the livestock sector in the state and would consist of a cash prize as well as citation and a shawl.
There are separate awards for cow and buffalo farmers. The cash prize for buffalo and cows categories are Rs 21,000 each, for poultry/fisheries it is Rs 11,000, and for pig/goat farming it is Rs 5,100.
Application forms may be downloaded from university website www.gadvasu.in.
- LS polls: Cong playing wait-and-watch game in dozen-plus seats in state
- ‘Rs 2.3 cr spent on bungalow for former Prez, but that’s no loss to exchequer’
- 9 illegal immigrants working on Army premises nabbed
- BJP’s Saurashtra unit split wide open over former minister’s snub
- Modi: Happy that my speeches contribute to nation’s coffers
- The regressive state