GADVASU to hold Pashu Palan Mela from Sept 21
- AAP hands over Rs 10 lakh to family of Gajendra Singh, family demands memorial, jobs
- UP tells SC that prosecution on boy for post against Azam Khan will continue
- Uttarakhand CM says Rahul Kedarnath trek shows the way for Char Dham pilgrims
- At protest on net neutrality, Congress asks Centre to stop TRAI move
- Latest drone deaths a reminder of risk of 'deadly mistakes'
Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (GADVASU), Ludhiana, will organise the Pashu Palan Mela on September 21 and 22.
Giving a briefing about the Mela, GADVASU Vice-Chancellor Dr V K Taneja said that they are conducting a number of efforts to explore new avenues in livestock professions. Anybody can carry out livestock-related activities in a professional manner with limited capital.
The University will always be at their service to provide training and marketing tips, Taneja added. New Krishi Vigyan Kendras of university would extend their services in a larger sphere in the near future, the vice-chancellor informed.
Director of Extension Education Dr Ranjodhan Singh Sahota said that the varsity's elite animals would be exhibited to motivate farmers to breed superior livestock by getting improved germplasm from the University.
Books on dairy farming, pig farming, goat farming and package of practices for animal husbandry too will be available to the farmers.
The mineral mixture and uromin lick prepared by the university will also be sold at nominal rates.
Hoof trimming, teat dip practice, acaricide drug applications, urea treatment of wheat straw and preparation of uromin lick will be demonstrated at the mela.
Milk and meat processing technologies for value addition will also be discussed.