Gaga gets pre-surgery pep talk from Alex Rodriguez
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
Pop star Lady Gaga received pre-surgery pep talk from an unlikely source - Alex Rodriguez, Cameron Diaz and Kate Hudson's ex-boyfriend.
The 'Bad Romance' singer, who was forced to undergo a serious operation on her hip this week, shared the same surgeon as New York Yankees baseball star Rodriguez, who assured her that the procedure would go smoothly, reported New York Post.
"Alex was at Dr Kelly's office for a follow-up, while Gaga was preparing for surgery. It's natural for anyone to be nervous ahead of this type of surgery, especially as a performer or athlete under tremendous pressure to make a quick recovery and be back at peak performance...
"Gaga was anxious, but Alex talked to her for a while and was able to reassure her," said a source.
Gaga, 26, admitted the injury had left her in "chronic pain" after she hid it from her colleagues for a long time and continued performing.
But the singer announced last week she could no longer continue the final leg of her 'Born This Way Ball' tour because of the pain, which will reportedly result in up to USD 30 million in refunds.