Gammon India Q2 net loss at Rs 39.44 cr
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Point of no return: Death of former militant's wife brings to fore administrative delays
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- Elections LIVE 2014: Rahul could not manage Amethi, how will he manage the nation, asks Modi
Infrastructure major Gammon India today reported a net loss of Rs 39.44 crore for the July- September quarter, largely due to flat sales and increased finance costs.
The company had reported a net profit of Rs 4.13 crore during the corresponding period of the previous fiscal.
Net sales of the company declined marginally by 1.41 per cent to Rs 1,086.18 crore during the quarter vis-a-vis Rs 1,101.72 crore of the second quarter of FY'12, it said in a filing to the BSE.
Besides, its finance costs increased by over 22 per cent to Rs 104.42 crore during the quarter, while its expenditure went up by 1.42 per cent to Rs 1,052.18 crore.
The company also reported a forex loss of Rs 1.72 crore during the quarter due to fluctuations in dollar-rupee exchange rate.