Ganesh Hegde to launch his film production house
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
Gone are the days when there was novelty about choreographing film songs. Today these filmy dance numbers lack shelf life. I have decided to move on and do something different
— Ganesh Hegde
After a successful career as a choreographer and dance director, Ganesh Hegde plans to branch out and explore new avenues. Hegde says, "Gone are the days when there was novelty about choreographing film songs. Today these filmy dance numbers lack shelf life. I have decided to move on and do something different." He is currently under process of establishing his own production house and plans to make television shows, live events and produce films.
In fact, work is on in full swing on his first film production project. He reveals, "My film is still in the scripting stage. It is a dance oriented movie. Since the lead actor of this film is required to do high octane moves, my partners have suggested that I should play the main lead."
Meanwhile, he plans to take his love for choreography ahead with the live events that he organises through his production house. He says, "I am looking at organising awards events. I think film awards are becoming repetitive and we need something new. I am eager to choreograph such events."
Hegde is known for choreographing popular Bollywood numbers like Kambakht Ishq, Khallas, Chammak Challo among others.
Saif Ali Khan's next in Los Angeles
By Onkar Kulkarni
Saif Ali Khan's next with director duo Krishna DK and Raj Nidimoru has been tentatively titled Happy Ending. The shooting will commence in July with the first schedule to take off in Los Angeles.
Talking about striking a second deal with Khan, Krishna DK says, "Raj and I had a subject and while we shot for Go Goa Gone, we had pitched the idea to Saif. But since he was busy with other projects, he did not respond. It was during the post- production of Go Goa..., when Saif was free and considering new projects, we pitched the idea once again, and this time he greenlighted our project."
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first