Ganeshkumar permitted to act
- India's future cannot exist without the future of Kashmir: Rajnath Singh
- Will appoint nodal officer to help Kashmiri youth across the country: Rajnath Singh in Srinagar
- Dec 16 Delhi gangrape case: Convict attempts suicide inside Tihar Jail, rushed to hospital
- Earthquake in Italy kills 247, toll may rise as rescuers continue hunt for survivors
- Rahul Gandhi twisting statement, must show generosity, apologise: RSS
Kerala Forest Minister and actor-turned-politician K B Ganeshkumar has been given permission by the government to act in films and television serials.
Ganeshkumar, son of KC(B) leader R Balakrishna Pillai, was elected to the assembly in the April 13 polls from Pathanapuram in Kollam district. The sanction was given so that he can complete the contracts he had already signed and the agreements he had entered into. Ganeshkumar is also in-charge of Sports, Wild-Life and the Film Department.
Teecha Baap Tyacha Baap due on September 9
DAR Motion Pictures' Marathi film titled Teecha Baap Tyacha Baap is ready and set for release on September 9. Their earlier ventures are the Marathi film Lalbaug Parel and the Hindi Haunted 3D. Co-produced by SoBo Films, Teecha Baap … is to be directed by Atul Kale of De Dhakka and Maatichya Chuli fame.
The film stars Sachin Pilgaonkar, Makarand Anaspure and Arun Nalawade for the first time along with newcomers Abhishek Sethiya and Mrinmayee Godbole. The others in the cast are Mrunal Deshpande, Uma Sardeshmukh, Anand Ingle and Jaywant Wadkar. Produced by Arun Rangachari, the film written by Guru Thakur, has cinematography by Shailesh Avasthhi and music by Ajit Parab and Sameer Mhatre.
Masters kicks off
Masters, the Malayalam movie in which Prithviraj and Subrahmaniyapuram fame Tamil actor-director Sasikumar team up, was launched recently.
Directed by Johnny Antony, the maker of hits like CID Moosa, Kochiraajaavu, Thuruppugulaan, etc, the film is based on a script by Jinu Abraham. Ananya and Tamil actress Piya Bajpai (of Goa fame) are the heroines while Salim Kumar and Biju Menon also play key roles. B.Sharath Chandran produces the movie under the banner of Sincere Cinema.
Masters is about two class-mates and friends who incidentally take opposite routes in life.
Madhu Neelakantan is in charge of the cinematography while Gopi Sunder scores the music. The pooja and launch of the movie was held recently and the film is now being shot in and around Kochi.
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully
- India’s dependence on China for medicine ingredients is a matter of concern
- Before Balochistan, India has supported some human rights causes and ignored others
- Olympics brought many smiles — and a little bit of rancour
- Harish Gupta case involves questions about the very nature of governmental decision-making
- Tension between the executive and judiciary could play out in creative, or destructive, ways