Gang of snatchers busted, 2 arrested
- BJP cancels Sabir Ali's membership after objection by Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi and RSS
- Narendra Modi attacks Rahul Gandhi, says his 'entire family has never been able to fight BJP ideology'
- Rahul Gandhi goes ahead with Saharanpur rally, chides Imran Masood's comments
- Narendra Modi and Kejriwal locked in a war over books in Varanasi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Modi says Congress Mukht India, corruption free India; Sabir Ali files defamation case against Naqvi
Daresi police on Saturday arrested two snatchers and recovered a motorcycle, sharp-edged weapons and stolen mobile phones from their possession.
The arrested snatchers have been identified as Mani, 21, and Ravi, 22, of New Ashok Nagar of Salem Tabri. Three co-accused — Layi, Saddam and Nanku — are still at large. Belonging to New Ashok Nagar, all accused are neighbours.
Sub-Inspector Sanjiv Kapoor, Daresi SHO, said they arrested the accused at a naka put up near Ved Mandir Chowk.
The accused had looted Manoj Kumar of Karamsar Colony on March 22 and snatched a silver chain, ATM card, mobile phone and Rs 600 from him. The accused are also said to be drug addicts. On Sunday, the police produced the accused before the court which remanded them in one-day police custody.
- Chandy need not quit in view of HC order: Antony
- Anti-Navneet Kaur Rana campaign; NCP expels ex-MLA's hubby
- SP criticises BJP over 'Ya Modi Sarvbhuteshu' poster
- Sabir Ali's inclusion in BJP was not a right step: Ramdev
- Minorities “apprehensive” about Modi becoming PM: BJP leader
- AAP volunteers hunting for a house for Kejriwal in Varanasi