Gang rape: Court slaps showcause on MLA, 7 others
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- Donât show exit polls disguised as opinion polls, says poll panel
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
Rajula sessions court in Amreli district on Friday has served showcause notice to Dhari BJP MLA Mansukh Bhuva and seven others in response to a gang rape complaint lodged by a woman councillor of Dhari gram panchayat.
The notice has asked Bhuva to remain present in court on April 16 and explain why a rape case should not be registered against them.
In last December, the victim alleged that she was gang raped by Bhuva and seven others six months ago. She had also submitted an application to the police in this regard.
She moved court when police did not register an FIR based on her application.
The police then said her husband had filed two applications in this connection on December 5.
However, police said there were inconsistencies in the two applications.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18