Gang rape victim attempts suicide in court premises
- GST Bill in Rajya Sabha this week, Jaitley to discuss amendments with state finance ministers
- Narsingh Yadav fails dope test, Rio 2016 Olympics participation under threat
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan arrested for threatening a woman
- Kin of missing AN-32 passengers, crew: Across the country, they wait for word, hoping and praying
- Kashmir unrest: Of 317 with pellet injuries in action by CRPF, over 50% have been hit in eye
A gang rape victim today attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance in the premises of metropolitan court here, alleging 'delay' in justice, police officials said.
After the complainant, who had come for a hearing in an alleged rape case of 2008, got to know that the next date in the case was fixed for February 8, she walked out of court room on fifth floor and consumed some poisonous substance saying "justice was being delayed," her lawyer Bharat Shah, who was an eyewitness, said.
The girl was rushed to hospital, police said.
The girl's lawyer said the court of metropolitan judge S V Parikh had fixed next date of hearing for March 18 in the case, but on his appeal it was changed to February 8.
- Kashmir unrest: A to-do list for PM Modi
- Not too late to reverse an ugliness spreading in the name of our sacred cows
- Arvind Kejriwal is uncomfortable with anyone with a mind of his own
- Not just the Arunachal switch but the choice of Sheila Dikshit for the UP are warnings to the BJP
- Gujarat unrest shows while Dalit lives have improved, conflict has increased
- Zakir Naik is ‘protected’ as an Indian citizen but he considers himself a Muslim first