Gang rape victim attempts suicide in court premises
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A gang rape victim today attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance in the premises of metropolitan court here, alleging 'delay' in justice, police officials said.
After the complainant, who had come for a hearing in an alleged rape case of 2008, got to know that the next date in the case was fixed for February 8, she walked out of court room on fifth floor and consumed some poisonous substance saying "justice was being delayed," her lawyer Bharat Shah, who was an eyewitness, said.
The girl was rushed to hospital, police said.
The girl's lawyer said the court of metropolitan judge S V Parikh had fixed next date of hearing for March 18 in the case, but on his appeal it was changed to February 8.
The girl, who worked with a garment firm in Ambraiwadi here, had filed a complaint with police in 2008 alleging gang rape by the firm owner and his three accomplices in 2007, with the help of three women co-workers at the shop, he said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express