Gang rape victim attempts suicide in court premises
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
A gang rape victim today attempted suicide by consuming a poisonous substance in the premises of metropolitan court here, alleging 'delay' in justice, police officials said.
After the complainant, who had come for a hearing in an alleged rape case of 2008, got to know that the next date in the case was fixed for February 8, she walked out of court room on fifth floor and consumed some poisonous substance saying "justice was being delayed," her lawyer Bharat Shah, who was an eyewitness, said.
The girl was rushed to hospital, police said.
The girl's lawyer said the court of metropolitan judge S V Parikh had fixed next date of hearing for March 18 in the case, but on his appeal it was changed to February 8.