AI plane chartered to bring back the body of gangrape victim
- Rahul ordinance shortcut cut loses way
- JD(U) rules out tie-up, Lalu starts own campaign, clock ticks down for Congress
- Kejriwalâs first UP rally lays ground for Modi vs him
- Vigilance complaints pile up as Delhi Police doesnât know password
- PM heads for Myanmar today in his last likely official trip abroad
An Air India aircraft has been chartered by the government and sent to Singapore to bring back the body of the gangrape victim and her family members.
The chartered plane, an Airbus A-319, left the IGI Airport at 8 am for Singapore and expected to return around 8 pm after taking off from there around 5 pm, Air India officials said.
The aircraft is carrying some senior government officials, including those from the Union Home Ministry.
The 23-year-old victim of the brutal gangrape and assault in Delhi on December 16 that had triggered an outrage across India died early morning after putting up a brave battle for life for nearly a fortnight.
The girl, who was admitted to the well-known multi-organ transplant facility Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on Thursday morning in an extremely critical condition, breathed her last at 4.a5 am (2:15 AM India time). She was earlier treated at the Safdarjung Hospital in Delhi.
- War in Congress: Old soldiers fight Rahul brigade | The Indian Express
- Aam Aadmi Party Lok Sabha 2014 Candidates – Full list
- ‘Allegations against Somnath Bharti prime facie correct, police justified in refusing Khirki Extension raid’
- Clash of the stalwarts: Uttar Pradesh set for Modi, Kejriwal rallies today